The tofu and pumpkin combo in this recipe makes it a very smooth custard.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 12 oz. firm tofu, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. rum extract
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3⁄4 tsp. ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp. cloves
- 3 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp. white sugar
- 10 gluten-free gingersnaps, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray six 6 oz. custard cups with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Puree tofu in blender until smooth. Add pumpkin, brown sugar, rum extract, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves to blender. Puree until well blended. Add egg whites. Mix quickly until just blended. Be careful not to over mix. Pour mixture into the six custard cups. Bake for 20 minutes.
- After baking for 20 minutes, remove custard cups from oven. Sprinkle the sugar white sugar over pumpkin custard. Return custard to the oven. Bake until the sugar is browned and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Serve with crushed gingersnaps.