Pumpkin Date Coffee Cake
A must-try flavor combo for fall! Smooth pumpkin, soft dates and zesty orange give this coffee cake sweetness in every bite.
Serves: 12Prep: 15 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 2 1⁄4 cups Simple Truth™ Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup plus 3 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup plus 1-2 Tbsp. orange juice, divided
- 2 teaspoons orange, zested
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dates, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 10” tube pan.
- For the crumb topping, combine in a small bowl ¼ cup flour, ¼ cup sugar and cinnamon. Using a pastry blender or fork, cut in 3 tablespoon of the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- For the cake, in a large bowl combine remaining 2 cups flour, remaining 1 cup sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Melt remaining ¼ cup butter; cool briefly. Beat eggs in a small bowl, then stir in pumpkin, ⅓ cup orange juice, melted butter and 1 teaspoon grated orange peel.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in nuts and dates. Spoon batter into greased pan then sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes then remove from pan.
- For the glaze, in a small bowl whisk together the powdered sugar, 1-2 tablespoon orange juice and remaining 1 teaspoon grated orange peel until desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over coffee cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.