Pumpkin Dried Fruit Bars
Sweet pumpkin and pieces of dried fruit deliver all of fall’s best flavors in a handheld treat!
Serves: 48Prep: 10 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Kroger® Traditional Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Kroger® Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) Kroger® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups dried fruit
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces Kroger® Original Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- For the bars, preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 15”x10” jelly roll pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, pie spice, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs then add sugars, oil and pumpkin. Blend until smooth.
- Add flour mixture and mix thoroughly. Stir in nuts and dried fruit. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
- For the frosting, in a medium bowl beat together the powdered sugar, butter, cream cheese, milk and vanilla until well blended. Spread over cooled, uncut bars. Cut into bars.