Pumpkin Flaxseed Muffins
Contributing a lightly nutty background flavor, flaxseeds pair up with the bright taste of pumpkin in these hearty muffins that are delicious and health smart! They smell as heavenly as they taste.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup 100% whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1⁄2 cup Sucanat
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1⁄2 cups pumpkin purée
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper baking cups.
- Combine flour, flaxseed, Sucanat, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice in a large mixing bowl. Add pumpkin, almond milk, eggs, agave nectar, and vanilla. Blend well.
- Pour muffin mix evenly into each of the muffin cups. Sprinkle evenly with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a fork inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.