Pumpkin Gelato (Gelato di zucca)
Ah, the fall season: falling leaves, crisp air, cider, and pumpkins. This recipe is perfect for when you want the fall feeling but in deliciously cold, creamy form.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 10 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3½ cups whole milk
- 1 can pumpkin purée
- ⅔ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. cardamom
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 4 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Combine 2 cups of the milk, pumpkin purée, brown sugar, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- While pumpkin mixture heats up, make a slurry with the remaining milk and cornstarch.
- When pumpkin mixture comes to a boil, add slurry and stir. Bring back to a boil while stirring constantly, then remove from heat. Bring to room temperature, seal tightly, and refrigerate 8 hours.
- Add to your ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions for freezing. Stop the churning just as the gelato is just frozen.