Pumpkin-Ginger Cupcakes with Ginger Cream Icing
Introduce the flavors of fall to your cupcakes with cinnamon and ginger!
Serves: 12Prep: 20 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon Private Selection™ Cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Private Selection™ Ground Ginger
- Salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 3⁄4 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cupcake tin with liners. In mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ½ tsp. ginger, salt and cardamom. In another bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs and 1 Tbsp. vanilla. Whisk well to combine. Set aside.
- Combine 8 Tbsp. butter and sugar in the bowl of stand mixer outfitted with paddle attachment and beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add pumpkin mixture in 2 additions, beating well and scraping down bowl after each addition. The batter will appear curdled, but it will smooth out when flour mixture is added.
- With the mixer on low speed, add flour mixture in 2 additions, mixing just until combined after each. Scrape sides of the bowl and mix on low another 15 seconds.
- Fill liners evenly with batter. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack before frosting.
- For frosting, combine cream cheese and 2 Tbsp. butter in bowl of a stand mixer outfitted with paddle attachment and beat on medium-high speed until combined. Add ¼ tsp. ginger, ½ tsp. vanilla and confectioner’s sugar. Beat until frosting is light and fluffy, 2–3 minutes.
- Spread frosting evenly on each cupcake, and garnish with a dusting of cinnamon.
- Serve, refrigerating any leftovers.