Pumpkin and Ginger Soup
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 large stalk celery, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups pumpkin, cut into 1" cubes
- 3 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 cups water
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp. ground allspice
- ⅛ tsp. ground mace
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil and sauté the onions and celery, stirring until the onions are transparent.
- Add the bay leaves, thyme, oregano, carrots, pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon, and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Remove and discard the bay leaves. Use a hand blender to purée the soup. (Alternatively, transfer the soup to a blender or food processor to purée it.) Serve warm, sprinkled with freshly ground black pepper.