An excellent teatime treat, but just as delicious with a cup of coffee, these madeleines are full of pumpkin flavor and perfect for fall.
Makes: 20Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare 2 large madeleine pans: Grease with butter or cooking spray and dust with flour to prevent sticking.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the pumpkin and eggs with sugars, spices, and salt until blended. Add flour and beat until just blended; do not overmix. Slowly add melted butter and beat until just combined.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon batter into each well in the pan. Bake until puffed and browning at edges, about 12 to 14 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 7 minutes and carefully remove from pans. Keep in an airtight container until ready to serve.