Pumpkin-Maple Dinner Rolls
These easy rolls are perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and every day of the year! To make ahead, prepare and shape rolls, then freeze. Thaw and allow the rolls to rise before baking.
Serves: 18Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 3 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. instant yeast
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup warm buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons softened butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup mashed pumpkin
- Combine yeast, maple syrup, and warm buttermilk in a small bowl. Mix to dissolve the yeast and let it sit for 15 minutes until bubbly. Move to the bowl of a stand mixer and add 4 tablespoons melted butter, salt, eggs and flour. Mix on low speed 1 minute, then turn to medium and mix for 2 minutes. Turn off mixer and stir in pumpkin.
- Move to a floured work surface and knead for 5 minutes, or until the dough no longer sticks to the work surface. Place in a greased bowl and move to a warm spot. Cover and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Cut dough into 18 pieces and shape into balls. Place on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cover with a clean kitchen towel. Return to the warm space and let rise for 1 hour until the rolls are doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brush tops of rolls with remaining melted butter and bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.