For a tasty snack, place your washed pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet and sprinkle with some seasoned salt. Bake them for 10–15 minutes.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small pumpkin (3 lbs.), peeled and cut into large chunks
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. curry powder
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup orange juice
- In a soup pot, warm the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the pumpkin, cinnamon, cumin, and curry powder; cook briefly, stirring, until well mixed.
- Pour in the broth and the orange juice. Bring to a boil, reduce to heat to medium-low, and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Using a blender or food processor, purée the mixture. Return it to soup pot to rewarm.