Pumpkin, Pear, and Arugula Tarts
Packed with the flavors of fall, pumpkin and pear tarts are the ideal appetizer for any holiday get-together.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 small pie pumpkin
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 ripe pear, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut each puff pastry sheet into 12 squares.
- Peel the pumpkin, cut in half, scoop out the insides, and discard. Cut the pumpkin into small pieces. Place the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the pumpkin, maple syrup, and red pepper flake, and stir occasionally, until the pumpkin is well coated and semi-soft, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place slices of pear on the pastry squares. Add some arugula to each, then top with some of the prepared pumpkin.
- Bake until the puff pastry has risen and is golden brown, approximately 10 minutes. Serve immediately.