Pumpkin Pecan Split Pie
Why choose between your two favorite pies when you can have both at the same time? Baked in a single pan, this split pumpkin and pecan pie is perfect for smaller gatherings.
Serves: 8Prep: 3 hours 30 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 4 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups Kroger Brand All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 cup + plus 1 Tbsp. cold butter, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, divided
- 3⁄4 cup pecan halves and pieces, toasted
- 1 cup Kroger Brand 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together 1¼ cups flour and ½ teaspoon salt. Cut in ½ cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Using a fork, add water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture just comes together. Wrap. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Whisk together corn syrup, 2 eggs, ½ cup sugar, 1 tablespoon melted butter, ½ teaspoon vanilla and ¼ teaspoon salt. Stir in pecan pieces. Set aside.
- In second bowl, whisk together pumpkin, 1 egg, ½ cup sugar, heavy cream, pumpkin pie spice, ½ teaspoon vanilla and ¼ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough out to 13” circle. Transfer dough into 9” pie plate. Trim edges and crimp as desired. Roll scraps of dough into 10 separate 2½” strips. Fit strips across center of pie crust; use damp fingers to adhere it to bottom and sides.
- Pour pecan mixture into one side of pie and pumpkin mixture into second side.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until both sides are nearly set with only a slight movement in center.
- Allow pie to cool completely before serving.