Pumpkin Pecan Waffles
These deliciously spiced waffles, complete with nutty pecans, taste divine and still pack a healthful punch of vitamin A.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄4 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 3 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter, divided
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 6 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Heat waffle iron.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, pumpkin, vanilla, 2 tablespoons butter, and almond milk. Add to flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour about 1⁄2 cup batter into preheated waffle iron. Cook waffles according to manufacturer’s instructions. Top with pecans, butter, and maple syrup. Serve warm.