Pumpkin Pie Crème Brûlée
Get ready for incredible flavor and a fun presentation! Crème brûlée is a truly decadent dessert that will please even the fussiest foodie. The crunch of the sugar gets them every time! If you don’t have a kitchen torch, you can brown the sugar under the broiler for a minute or two.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hoursDifficulty: Medium
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup plus 8 tsp. granulated sugar, divided
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine cream, brown sugar, and 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar. Bring to a low simmer. While the mixture is warming up, whisk egg yolks in a medium-sized bowl.
- Once the cream and sugars are simmering, slowly add 1 cup of the mixture 1⁄2 cup at a time to the yolks, whisking constantly to temper the yolks. Combine the remaining cream into the yolks, then add in the vanilla, spices, and pumpkin.
- Strain the mixture through a mesh strainer, then pour evenly into 8 ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in a large roasting pan and add water to the roasting pan to the depth of about 1 inch. Bake for 45 minutes, or until centers of each are just set. Remove from oven. Chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle each ramekin with 1 teaspoon granulated sugar. Using a kitchen torch, caramelize the sugar. Serve and enjoy!