Pumpkin Pie Crème Brûlée
Get ready for incredible flavor and a fun presentation! Crème brûlée is a truly decadent dessert that will please even the fussiest foodie. The crunch of the sugar gets them every time! If you don’t have a kitchen torch, you can brown the sugar under the broiler for a minute or two.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hoursDifficulty: Medium
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup plus 8 tsp. granulated sugar, divided
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine cream, brown sugar, and ¼ cup granulated sugar. Bring to a low simmer. While the mixture is warming up, whisk egg yolks in a medium-sized bowl.
- Once the cream and sugars are simmering, slowly add 1 cup of the mixture ½ cup at a time to the yolks, whisking constantly to temper the yolks. Combine the remaining cream into the yolks, then add in the vanilla, spices, and pumpkin.
- Strain the mixture through a mesh strainer, then pour evenly into 8 ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in a large roasting pan and add water to the roasting pan to the depth of about 1". Bake for 45 minutes, or until centers of each are just set. Remove from oven. Chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle each ramekin with 1 teaspoon granulated sugar. Using a kitchen torch, caramelize the sugar. Serve and enjoy!