Pumpkin Pie with Maple Whipped Cream
The maple whipped cream adds a little something special to this traditional holiday pie.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned or mashed cooked pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cloves
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie pastry shell
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, salt, 1 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Stir in the eggs, milk, and evaporated milk until well blended. Pour into the pastry shell.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between the edge and the center of the filling comes out clean. Let cool completely on a rack.
- Whip heavy cream and maple syrup into stiff peaks. Add a dollop to each slice of pie and dust with remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon.