Pumpkin Pie with Pumpkin Spice Whipped Cream
Silky pumpkin pie is loaded with sweet spices and coconut sugar and topped with a homemade pumpkin spice whipped cream. Coconut sugar blends flawlessly into the filling for a smooth rich pie that doesn’t taste sugar-free in the slightest.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 3 drops liquid stevia
- 1⁄4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice mix, divided
- 1 1⁄8 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (9 inches)
- 2 cups puréed pumpkin
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Pour whipped cream in a large mixing bowl and beat until soft peaks appear. Add 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla, stevia, 1⁄8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, and 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon and mix on high speed to fully incorporate all the ingredients and desired consistency is achieved. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Press pie crust dough into a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together pumpkin and cream cheese with an electric mixer. Beat until well-combined and smooth. Add the coconut sugar, salt, eggs, almond milk, and remaining vanilla, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice and beat until well incorporated.
- Pour filling in prepared crust and bake for 1 hour or until pie is set. Cover with foil halfway through baking if it begins browning too quickly. The middle may be a little wiggly when done, but it will firm as it cools.
- Top with pumpkin spice whipped cream.