Pumpkin Raisin Scones
Beautifully delicious and easy to make, these tasty scones are perfect for fall mornings.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2⅓ cups white whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 tsp. demerara sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Place the flour, brown sugar, and baking powder into a mixing bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and work into the mixture using your hands. Once the mixture resembles coarse crumbs, stir in the milk, pumpkin, and raisins.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat into a large round, roughly 9" in diameter. Using a long, sharp knife, cut the dough across into 8 equal wedges. Transfer wedges to the baking sheet. Sprinkle the tops of the scones with the demerara sugar.
- Place pan on middle rack in oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer scones to a wire rack to cool.