Pumpkin Ravioli with Butter-Sage Sauce
Serves: 8Hands-on: 50 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 1 lb. peeled pumpkin, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- ¼ lb. Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 Tbsp. fine dried bread crumbs
- ½ plus ⅛ tsp. salt, divided
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- Place the pumpkin pieces in a large saucepan with water to cover, bring to a boil, over medium-high heat and cook 10 minutes until tender. Drain and pass through a sieve to purée.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until golden brown. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Add Parmesan cheese, mascarpone cheese, breadcrumbs ½ teaspoon salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place the flour, egg, egg yolks, and remaining salt. Gradually add water, a few drops at a time, and mix until the dough forms a soft ball. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until very thin. Cut the dough into 3" x 3" squares. Put 1 teaspoon of pumpkin filling on each square and fold into a ravioli.
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling over high heat. Boil the ravioli for 3-5 minutes, stirring gently. Drain and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the sage leaves and sauté until golden. Add the ravioli and mix gently for 1 minute. Serve immediately.