Pumpkin Seed Cornbread Stuffing
Complete each step of the preparation before putting the stuffing together. You can then bake it separately in the oven or stuff your turkey before baking. You can also make the stuffing a day ahead and refrigerate before baking it the next day.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pan (9 inches) cornbread
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Crumble cornbread into a large bowl; set aside.
- In a heavy skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil; sauté celery, onion, and garlic 10 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, purée pumpkin seeds, broth, soy sauce, and cayenne until smooth. Add pumpkin seed purée and sautéed vegetables to crumbled cornbread; mix well to combine flavors.
- Spoon into an oiled baking dish; bake 20 minutes.