Pumpkin Seed and Dried Cherry Granola
Using the slow cooker virtually eliminates any chance of overcooking or burning the granola.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup mild honey
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup dried tart cherries
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- Place the oats and pumpkin seeds into a 4-quart slow cooker. Drizzle with honey, oil, and vanilla. Stir the mixture to distribute the syrup evenly. Cook on high, uncovered, for 1½ hours, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Add the cherries, coconut, and sunflower seeds. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 4 hours, uncovered, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Allow the granola to cool fully, and then store it in an airtight container for up to 1 month.