Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Whoopie Pies
Whoopie pies don’t have to be chocolate! Try this unusual combination of warm fall flavors.
Serves: 18Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 5 Tbsp. pumpkin purée
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Cinnamon sugar (1⁄4 cup sugar mixed with 3 Tbsp. cinnamon)
- 2 cups cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In mixer, cream together butter, cream cheese, and sugar until smooth. Add in eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla, beating until smooth.
- Mix in the cinnamon, spice, flour, baking powder, and salt until incorporated.
- Scoop dough according to desired cookie size (a 3⁄4-inch cookie scoop makes 36 cookies) and place onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle cookie dough with cinnamon-sugar topping.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown around edges.
- Cool 5 minutes and remove from sheet. Once completely cooled, spread frosting onto half of the cookies and top each with a second cookie of similar size.