Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
When pumpkin is available in abundance, take advantage and make this heart-warming recipe. They’re great plain, but also frosted with cream cheese icing. Let them cool 30 minutes before frosting.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup turbinado sugar
- ¼ firmly packed cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners.
- Using a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed until fluffy. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla extract and mix until blended.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Combine with butter-sugar mixture on low speed.
- Fill cups ⅔ full with batter. Bake 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from pan and transfer to racks to cool.