Pumpkin Spinach Feta Turnovers
This fall twist on spanakopita will be a favorite at your next party.
Serves: 30Prep: 30 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (10 oz.) chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 10 (9”x14”) filo sheets, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a bowl mix together spinach, pumpkin, feta, egg, dill, salt and nutmeg.
- On a clean work surface place a sheet of phyllo, brush with butter and top with a second sheet of phyllo; brush with butter. Cut into 6 strips about 2” wide.
- Place a scant tablespoon of spinach mixture on one end of each strip. Fold strip over to make a triangle; continue folding marinating triangular shape. Place on prepared pan, seam side down. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Brush all turnovers with butter. Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown and crisp.