Pumpkin-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
This unusual recipe is really fun to serve. Itʼs delicious, especially for the holidays, and so good for you!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup solid-pack pumpkin purée
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 oz. each)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and chopped pumpkin; cook and stir until the onion begins to brown and caramelize, about 10 minutes.
- Add pumpkin purée, salt, pepper, Parmesan, and thyme and remove from heat. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Pound chicken breasts until they are about 1⁄3 inch thick. Divide the pumpkin mixture among the chicken breasts and roll up to enclose filling; secure with toothpicks.
- Place chicken on wire rack in large roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove toothpicks, slice, and serve immediately.