Pumpkin Tart with Pecan Crust
This tart is a perfect dessert any time of year, not just during the holidays. You can use nonfat milk in this recipe to lighten it up, and it will still taste delicious.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 tsp. wheat-free vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup 100% maple syrup, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (15 oz.) puréed pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place pecans in a food processor and process until you have a coarse flour. Add almond flour, salt, baking soda, 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, coconut oil, 3 tablespoons maple syrup, and egg. Pulse until a ball of dough forms.
- Using the palms of your hands, press dough into the bottom and sides of a tart pan. Bake 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix pumpkin, milk, remaining maple syrup, egg whites, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Pour batter into prepared pecan crust. Bake about 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.