Pumpkin makes everything better! This super breakfast is packed with healthy whole grain and vitamin A.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. sodium-free baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground ginger
- Measure ingredients into a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Heat waffle iron. Spray lightly with oil, then ladle batter onto the hot surface, being careful to avoid the edges (batter will spread once appliance is closed). Close waffle iron and bake until golden brown, roughly 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove baked waffles from iron and repeat process with remaining batter. Serve immediately.