Pumpkin Walnut Muffins
Fill your home with the appealing aroma of pumpkin spice and walnuts.
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Light Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Simple Truth™ Canned Pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth™ Walnut Pieces, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat jumbo muffin tins generously with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a large bowl, whisk sugar, molasses, oil and eggs until fully combined. Whisk in pumpkin and vanilla. Whisk in the flour mixture in 2 batches, alternating with buttermilk until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling each tin about ¾ full. Sprinkle with walnuts. Tap pan on the counter a few times to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Run a knife around muffins to loosen them and remove from pan. Cool muffins completely on the rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar to serve.
- NOTE: You can use standard muffin tins if you choose. Decrease your oven temperature by 25 degrees and decrease your cooking time as needed. You will instead yield 16-18 muffins.