Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
These are delicious all year, but they are a special treat when the first crisp breezes of autumn start pulling the leaves from the trees.
Serves: 9Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 Tbsp. minced candied ginger
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Beat butter and cream cheese together until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and candied ginger and beat until fluffy. Refrigerate filling while you make the cookies.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg in a mixing bowl; set aside. Cream together brown sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350°F 10 to 12 minutes. When done, centers of cookies will quickly spring back when pressed lightly. Cool thoroughly.
- Place a spoonful of mixture on flat side of one cookie and top with another, flat side toward filling.