Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
With flavors like pumpkin, maple, ginger and cinnamon, these handheld treats are sure to make everyone exclaim “whoopie!”
Serves: 7Prep: 45 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon + ½ tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups Marshmallow Creme
- 1 teaspoon Kroger Imitation Maple Flavor
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In separate mixing bowl, whisk sugars, pumpkin, eggs, oil and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Make well in dry ingredients; gently pour wet ingredients into center. Stir to combine.
- Transfer batter to pastry bag fitted with large plain tip. Holding bag vertically, pipe 2” rounds of batter about 2” apart onto parchment. To do this, start by piping a circle then filling in the middle. Pipe 28 cookies.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until cookies look dry on top and spring back slightly when touched. Let cool completely.
- With hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, beat butter, confectioners’ sugar, marshmallow, maple and remaining ½ teaspoon vanilla until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Flip 14 cookies over and pipe or spread each flat side with about 1 tablespoon filling, spreading to the edges. Top with remaining 14 cookies. Store leftovers in an airtight container.