Pumpkin–Cream Cheese Bundt Cake
Rich and moist, this pumpkin Bundt cake is even more delicious thanks to a ribbon of cream cheese tucked inside. The caramel and chocolate drizzle adds flavor and makes the presentation even more impressive!
Serves: 10Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tsp. vanilla, divided
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1⁄2 tsp. ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin purée
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 12 Tbsp. softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup caramel sauce
- 2 oz. semisweet chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a Bundt pan and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, buttermilk, and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating 1 minute after each addition. Add in about 1⁄3 of the flour mixture, followed by 1⁄2 of the pumpkin mixture, then repeat with another 1⁄3 of the remaining flour mixture, then the remaining pumpkin mixture, until finally ending with the dry ingredients. Do not overbeat.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared Bundt pan. Spoon the cream cheese filling into the pan, as evenly as possible. Top with the remaining pumpkin batter.
- Bake for 60 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool 10 minutes in pan, then invert onto cooling rack. Top with caramel sauce and drizzle with melted chocolate.