Pure and Natural Cranberry Sauce
Want to cut back on the sugars during the holidays? This is the recipe for you! If you don’t have any problems with honey, add 1 tablespoon of raw honey to this recipe. The honey will add a touch of sweetness, while still maintaining the tartness of the cranberries.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups fresh cranberries
- 3 cups orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange zest
- 2 Tbsp. grated gingerroot
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- Place all the ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook over high heat until the mixture boils. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 25–30 minutes, or until the cranberries start to burst.
- Mash cranberries with a potato masher or wooden spoon until slightly chunky.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Serve cold.