Purée de Pommes de Terre aux Truffes (Mashed Potatoes with Truffles)
A decadent version of the classic mashed potatoes, with black truffles and butter.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 2 lb. small potatoes (russet or Yukon gold), unpeeled
- ⅔ cup butter, diced
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 small black truffle (1.5 oz.), very thinly sliced
- Fill a large saucepan with water, add kosher salt and the potatoes, and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for 25 minutes. A knife blade should be able to pierce the potatoes easily. Drain and peel them, and mash them with the food mill.
- Add potatoes to a medium saucepan over low heat. Add the butter slowly to the potatoes. Stirring continuously, add the milk little by little, then add the salt and pepper. Stop when smooth, then add the truffle slices and stir again.
- Pour in a large bowl and serve.