Purée of Cauliflower Soup with Two Cheeses
A garnish of roasted cauliflower florets and fresh rosemary turn this rustic soup into an elegant meal. Serve with slices of toasted French bread.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 40 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2½ lbs. cauliflower, cut into florets, divided
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1½ tsp. salt, divided
- 1¼ ground black pepper, divided
- 3½ cups chicken stock
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice ½ pound of cauliflower florets into ¼" slices. Place on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Spread florets into a single layer and bake for 20 minutes, stirring often until cauliflower is tender and brown at the edges.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add remaining cauliflower florets and chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes, or until cauliflower is soft. Remove from heat.
- With an immersion blender, purée soup until smooth with a few remaining chunks of cauliflower. Stir in cheese, Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon salt, and hot sauce.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Top with roasted cauliflower florets, rosemary, and remaining black pepper.