Puréed Eggplant and Garlic
This purée can be used as a dip or spread on bruschetta.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium eggplants, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet with 1 teaspoon oil.
- Rub the eggplant with the remaining oil and sprinkle with the garlic, oregano, and pepper. Roast for 45 minutes, until fork-tender.
- Let cool, then purée in a food processor. Store in a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.