Grilling season is finally here… and these Queso Burgers are everything you’ve been waiting for! Juicy, delicious pub burgers topped with crispy bacon, sliced avocado, red onion, jalapeno and an easy homemade queso sauce. Perfect for Memorial Day, weekend grilling or Father’s Day. If you like things a little spicy, these are for you!
- 4 pub burgers, from the service meat case
- 4 hamburger buns, from the bakery
- 8 slices of Roundy's bacon
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 small red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 pound white American cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup Roundy's milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Roundy's butter
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cook bacon until crispy. Set aside.
- Heat grill; grill burgers over medium-high heat to desired temperature.
- While burgers are grilling, prepare queso by combining cheese, milk and butter in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring regularly, until cheese is completely melted.
- Reduce heat to low; add diced green chiles, cumin, red pepper flakes and garlic salt.
- Add additional milk as needed until queso reaches desired consistency.
- Remove burgers from grill.
- Assemble burgers by topping each one with cooked bacon, sliced avocado, sliced red onion, sliced jalapeno and queso.