Queso Potato Nachos
Serve these yummy nachos as an appetizer, or as a side dish with tacos or steak.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (28 oz.) frozen potato wedges or steak fries
- 1⁄2 pound white American cheese (queso blanco)
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeño peppers
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- Toppings, such as chopped tomato, sliced green onion, sliced black olives and chopped cilantro
- Make potato wedges as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwavable bowl, heat cheese on high power 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes, until softened. Gradually whisk in half-and-half, jalapeño, cumin and chili powder.
- Place potato wedges on large platter. Spoon queso sauce over potatoes. Sprinkle with desired toppings.
- Refrigerate leftovers.