Quiche aux Asperges (Asparagus Quiche)
Save to My Recipes
This green asparagus quiche is perfect for early spring picnics!
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutes
- 7 oz. green asparagus, trimmed at the base
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup crème fraîche or crema Mexicana
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 pie shell (9")
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Fill a medium bowl with ice water and set aside. When the water boils, add the asparagus and boil for 3 minutes. Then drain them and put them immediately in the ice water bowl.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs firmly, then whisk in the cream. Then add the milk little by little, whisking continuously. Add the salt and the pepper, and whisk again.
- With a fork, make small holes all over the pie dough. Lay the asparagus in a flower shape on the dough. Pour the beaten eggs and the cream over the asparagus. Put the quiche on the top rack of the oven, and cook for 35 minutes.
- Serve lukewarm or cold.