Quiche Courgettes et Menthe (Zucchini Quiche with Mint)
This zucchini mint quiche is inspired by Corsican cuisine, where mint and goat cheese is often paired. A must-have in the summer!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup crème fraîche or crema Mexicana
- ½ cup whole milk
- 12 mint leaves, minced
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large zucchini, grated
- 1 pie shell (9")
- 3.5 oz. goat cheese, cut in ½" cubes
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Position a rack on the higher level, and another one at the bottom.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs well, then add the cream and whisk until very smooth. Add the milk slowly and whisk well again. Add the minced mint leaves, salt, pepper, and nutmeg, and stir again.
- Put a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, pour in the oil, then add the grated zucchini. Cook for around 5 minutes, stirring regularly. They should shrink and be a little bit brown. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Roll out the dough to a 13" round piece on a sheet of parchment paper. Take a 12" tart pan and lay the dough with the parchment paper in it. Fold the overhanging dough under, and crimp the edges of the crust. Cut away the parchment paper that extends past the rim. Then, with a fork, make small holes all over the pie dough.
- Pour the zucchini into the dish. Add the cubes of goat cheese. Make sure the ingredients are evenly spread. Sprinkle with the diced garlic. Pour the egg and cream mixture over it. Bake on the top rack of your oven for 20 minutes, then put the quiche on the lower rack for another 20 minutes. Then turn off the oven and leave the quiche inside, with the door slightly open.
- Serve lukewarm or cold.