Quiche Forestière (Forest Quiche)
Save to My Recipes
This is a great fall recipe for quiche with mushrooms. Try using wild mushrooms; if not, regular button mushrooms are also very good.
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutes
- ½ lb. mushrooms, diced
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 deep-dish pie shell (9")
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup crème fraîche or crema Mexicana
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. If you’re using button mushrooms, wash and slice them thinly. If you have small wild mushrooms, brush them and cut them in two. If we’re talking porcini-size mushrooms, then cut them in 1" cubes.
- Put a nonstick skillet over medium heat, and melt the tablespoon butter in it. Add the mushrooms and stir well, using a wooden spatula. Add the parsley, stir again, then add the garlic, salt, and pepper, and stir well again. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, until the mushrooms release their liquid.
- With a fork, make small holes all over the dough. Place in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs firmly, then add the cream and whisk well. Add the mushrooms, stir well. Remove the pie crust from the refrigerator, and pour the mushroom and egg mixture in the pan. Put in the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve lukewarm or cold.