These spinach and cheddar quiche muffins are a big hit at brunch or as a snack.
Serves: 4Prep: 30 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Refined Coconut Oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 8 Simple Truth Organic ™ Cage Free Large Brown Eggs Grade A
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Simple Truth™ Baby Spinach, stemmed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly coat muffin pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- Heat oil in small skillet and sauté onion until translucent.
- Crack the eggs in a small bowl and beat as if making scrambled eggs. Salt and pepper eggs to taste.
- Place 3-4 spinach leaves into the bottom of the greased muffin cups. Add about a teaspoon of the sautéed onions to each cup. Follow with about 1 tablespoon of the cheddar cheese. Ladle enough egg mixture into each cup to fill about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes, depending on the size of your muffin tin cup. Do not overcook. When done, they should be nicely browned on top and a toothpick should come out clean.
- Let the quiche muffins cool for 10 minutes in the pan before serving.
- Note: 1 serving = 2 standard-sized muffins.