Quiche Roquefort et Brocolis (Roquefort Quiche with Broccoli)
This broccoli and Roquefort cheese can be made with another blue cheese, like Fourme d’Ambert, for example.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 lb. broccoli florets
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup crème fraîche or crema Mexicana
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 3⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 pie shell (9 inches)
- 7 oz. Roquefort cheese, cut in 1⁄2-inch squares
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil over high heat. When the water boils, add the broccoli florets and boil them for 7 minutes. Drain them and reserve.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs firmly, then whisk in the cream. Add the milk little by little, whisking continuously. Add the salt and the pepper, and whisk again.
- With a fork, make small holes all over the pie dough. Lay the broccoli florets on the dough. Add the cheese. Pour the beaten eggs and the cream over them. Put the quiche in the oven, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve lukewarm or cold.