Quiche with Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes
Quiche is a simple and elegant dish for brunch, lunch, or a light dinner.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium white onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced into 1⁄4-inch rounds
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp. chopped basil
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 unbaked pie crust (9 inches)
- 1 cup grated aged Asiago cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat, add onions, and cook until almost transparent. Add garlic and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Add zucchini and tomatoes to sauté pan and continue cooking for about 8 minutes, until the flavors have blended. Remove from stove.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, basil, parsley, and balsamic vinegar.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with the pie crust and prick the bottom with a fork a few times.
- Sprinkle Asiago evenly on top of pie crust. Top with warm zucchini and tomatoes, then pour egg and milk mixture over the top. Sprinkle with grated Pecorino Romano. Cook for 40 to 45 minutes, until center is set. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes, and then serve.