Quick Apple Crisp
There is nothing like the taste of maple syrup, apples, and cinnamon heated together and baked—an American classic the whole family will enjoy. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or by itself. Delicious!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 5 large apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2⁄3 cup maple syrup, divided
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Layer apples in a 9-by-12-inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the apple juice, lemon juice, 1⁄4 cup maple syrup, and cinnamon; pour over the apples.
- Process the oats in a food processor until almost flour consistency. Add the walnuts and sea salt to the oats; pulse to finely chop. Pour the mixture into a large bowl.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the vanilla extract, oil, and 2⁄3 cup maple syrup. Pour the liquid mixture over the oats; use a wooden spoon to combine. Spoon the mixture over the top of the apples. Bake 30 minutes until apples are tender and topping is a golden brown.
- Cool slightly before serving.