Quick Banana-Pineapple Bread
As the name implies, quick breads are quicker and easier to make than yeast-based bread. You can add 1⁄2 cup of cranberries to the bread batter just before baking.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas (3 large bananas)
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup drained crushed pineapple
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas. Whisk in the milk, reserved pineapple juice, egg, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, and ground cinnamon. Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir in the crushed pineapple.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bread pan, spreading it out evenly. Bake at 350°F for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick placed in the middle of the bread comes out clean.