Quick Carrot & Cardamom Soup
Sweet carrots pair deliciously with cardamom and ginger in this easy-to-make, creamy soup. Serve it immediately or pack it for tomorrow’s lunch!
Serves: 4Prep: 30 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 leeks, halved and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into ¼” rounds
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) full-fat coconut milk
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- In Instant Pot on sauté function, combine coconut oil and leeks. Sauté until translucent.
- Mix in carrot, apple, ginger, cardamom, salt and pepper. Stir until fragrant. Add broth.
- Cancel sauté function. Pressure cook on high 5 minutes. Once complete, turn valve to quick release.
- Stir in coconut milk. Use immersion blender to puree soup. Serve with fresh parsley and a drizzle of coconut milk.