Quick Chicken Cacciatore with Mushrooms
Here is a great way to use the chicken thighs. Breasts will just dry out in this preparation.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 small white onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 package (10 oz.) white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 can (16 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh oregano
- 8 oz. cooked spaghetti
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dust with flour and shake off the excess.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet on medium-high. Brown the chicken then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the same pan and add the garlic, onion, carrot, and mushrooms. Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the wine, broth, tomatoes, bay leaf, and oregano. Return the chicken to the pan, and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook, partially covered, for 45 minutes or until the chicken is very tender and the broth has slightly thickened. Serve hot over spaghetti.