Quick Chicken Mozzarella
This super quick recipe is easy and delicious. It also works for a laid-back lunch with guests.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 oz. each)
- 3 Tbsp. low-fat buttermilk
- ⅓ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1½ cups marinara sauce
- ⅔ cup shredded nonfat mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- ⅔ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken, smooth-side down, between waxed paper. Working from the center to the edges, pound gently with a meat mallet or rolling pin until meat is ⅛ inch thick. Brush chicken with buttermilk and dip into bread crumbs to coat both sides.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and sauté, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, about 7 to 8 minutes total.
- Reduce heat to low. Top chicken with sauce and cheese. Cover pan and cook for 1 minute, top with Parmesan and fresh basil. Serve immediately.