Quick and Easy Broiled Tomatoes
This is a perfect side to a backyard barbecue or a quick summer meal with grilled chicken or shrimp.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler. Lightly oil the rack of a broiler pan.
- Cut tomatoes in half and arrange on the prepared rack; spread cut side with mustard and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine melted butter with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl; spoon over tomato halves.
- Place tomatoes under the broiler, about 6 inches from the heat source, and broil until crumbs are browned and tomatoes are tender.