Quick and Easy Curry Chicken
Worried your curry powder is too strong? Add 1 to 2 teaspoons while stir-frying the ginger and garlic, and then add more with the chicken, if desired. Serve this dish with white rice.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. oil, or as needed
- 1 heaping tsp. minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. mild curry powder
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (8 oz.) bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 can (8 oz.) water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 medium green onions, trimmed and sliced into thin strips
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to a preheated wok or medium skillet. When oil is hot, add ginger, garlic, and curry powder. Stir-fry until there is a strong odor of curry. Add chicken and stir-fry for about 5 minutes until chicken is well mixed with the curry powder. Remove and set aside.
- Add bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, and soy sauce to the wok. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until bamboo shoots and water chestnuts are heated through and coated in curry.
- Add chicken back into the wok. Add chicken broth. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer until everything is cooked through. Stir in green onions or add as a garnish.