Quick and Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew
A quick and easy way to thicken stew is to stir some leftover mashed potatoes into the broth.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 chuck roast (2 lb.)
- 1 can (10½ oz.) condensed French onion soup
- 1 can 10¾ oz.) condensed tomato soup
- 4 cups water
- 1½ bags (1 lb.) frozen soup vegetables, thawed
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. red wine or balsamic vinegar
- Trim the fat from the roast and cut into bite-sized pieces. Add to the slow cooker along with the soups and water; stir to mix. Add the vegetables, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until the beef is tender and the vegetables are cooked through. Stir in vinegar.